Help identify this lens

Did I buy a large format macro lens?  What magnification can I expect
from it?  How can I adapt it to my 35mm camera?

Last week I asked the question "Can I use large format lenses on the
35mm camera?"  I got several well expressed responses that summarize to
"you can, but there's no good reason to."  I excepted that and moved on.
After all, why spend my money on a configuration that will not get me
any benefit?

Yesterday, I had time to kill between appointments and stopped at a
garage sale.  For one dollar I bought a lens that I think is a large
format lens.  But, having never used large format equipment I have no
experience to compare against.  Hopefully, someone can confirm (or
refute) my assumption.

The lens has a threaded mount about 33mm in diameter and is about 35mm
long.  The legend printed around the lens is "BAUSCH & LOMB Rochester,
N.Y., U.S.A. 158mm f/6.3 MACRO".  The body of the lens is silver.  The
aperture is controled by a ring and is marked from f/6.3 to f/45.

Using google I could find no reference to this lens.  On ebay there is
an auction for a similar lens (Item number: 300101197116) at
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brass-Lens-1-6-3-f-158mm-Tessar-IIb-Bausch-Lomb_W0QQitemZ300101197116QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4702QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The only cosmetic differences I see between the auction lens and mine
is: The legend on the auction lens is different.  It includes "Tessar
IIb" and does not include "MACRO".  The auction lens is black, mine is
silver.

Is there an adapter to mount this lens on my 35mm camera?  Perhaps from
the thread mount on this lens to a t-mount.

Thank You,
Tim Corio