Re: Honduras breakfast photo

At 09:49 AM 8/8/2006, you wrote:
Can you tell us more about the trips you take to Honduras, Tina? How often do you go? Do you take anyone who wants to go? How long do you stay?

Marilyn

Hi, Marilyn - I go once or twice a year to Honduras and to Guatemala. Usually there is one construction trip and one medical trip to each country. The group stays 10 days but I usually go down a week early and stay with a family. Anybody can go on the construction trips, but the medical trips we try to fill up with doctors, dentists, nurses, and then lay people. Logistics would be complicated for anybody not in our presbytery but groups go from all over the USA at different times of the year. I make the arrangements in Honduras through Tim and Gloria Wheeler, Presbyterian missionaries and Heifer Project International directors for Honduras. Heifer Project is a wonderful organization and I've been on many trips all over the world with them. Anybody can go on those. Here is more information:
http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.201457/k.4AE8/Study_Tours.htm

Hope you'll be interested in going!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP