Re: Microsoft Power Point

Howard wrote:

Sherrie Taylor wrote:

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 09:02 +0300, Peeter Vissak wrote:
I am sometimes translating presentations (and texts with layout) "into the file" and for that purpose OpenOffice is even better than M$
Office.
I do have both (i.e. the free MSOffice 2007 Beta).

I hope you are not try to converse Marilyn into using Linux.

There's nothing wrong with Linux really! I've tried one or two distributions and liked them; the graphical interfaces are vastly better than the old verisons. I just couldn't be bothered to change over from Windows. I was also a bit concerned about colour management which seemed to be lacking in the GIMP.

I had to buy a t-shirt for a friend of mine a Christmas or two ago...... "The box said requires Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux"

Before the virus protection programs got to the point they're at now the only three operating systems that weren't getting infected were Unix, Linux, and MacOS.

Now if Elements 4.0 ran on something besides XP........

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )