Re: Microsoft Power Point

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marilyn" <marilyn160@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: Microsoft Power Point

: I am about to purchase Microsoft Office which includes Powerpoint.  The
: software I am considering buying is for "teachers and students".  Is
there
: any reason I shouldn't be buying this package?

well you CAN save all the money you would spend on it, spent a little time
downloading OpenOffice as recommeded and at least try it.  It is 100%
compatible with Microsoft office and MS office is 100% compatible with the
former.  I don't think you'll find the MS version can do anything more for
you than openoffice does other than deprive you of cash ;)

Many who have used it prefer the smaller size and speed.