Re: More Linux than Apple, but problems

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 09:15, karl shah-jenner wrote:

> what about running wine and emulating an earlier windows distro.. or better
> and cheaper, buying a USB card reader and popping the card into that when
> you want to move the images?

I dunno, but seems that there are general problems with USB devices . . . :(
That's why I tried to change the configuration files (unsuccessfully).

No, I do not have any card readers so far, because I've had no need for them.
I come back with my camera and load the stuff to the PC directly.
I've had no longer trips for quite a while and no backup cards. Only daytrips
to close locations, where one card is perfectly adequate.
Even so I'm overloaded with images. HD-s and CD-s are pushing me out of my
study.

Trying to reanimate the fossile AMD K6-2 is more of sports question.
And the need to do my payjob from home - editing/translating work.
OpenOffice, whatever version, works well enough for that, so I can postpone my
shooting for some weeks until the laptop will be back from the maintenance
(and then perhaps even able to write DVD-s, that is wasn't, when I sent it
there).

But thanks anyway!

Peeter