Re: More Linux than Apple, but problems

From: "Peeter Vissak"

: But here the problems start.
: The old distros (..are unable to
: communicate neither with my Nikon D70S nor with the Canon Pixma office
: printer

: So anybody, please, give me a hint how to overcome the problem of getting
the
: USB device (a camera for instance) to work on my Knoppix 3.7 when it
simply
: refuses.

what about running wine and emulating an earlier windows distro.. or better
and cheaper, buying a USB card reader and popping the card into that when
you want to move the images?

Sorry I can't help with the printer  but try here for various canon drivers

http://www.canon.co.nz/products/printers/colour_bj_printers.html

for example they have some rpms here for the i250

http://www.canon.co.nz/products/printers/colour_bj_printers/i250_drivers.ht
ml