Any magical PS adjustments for... ?

greetings all!

I was wondering if there are any magical PS adjustments for regenerating the colors whe goping from RGB to SRGB (for printing purposes?)

Actually I do think that magic does not exist, but i am asking for tips you may use.

For example, my concerts photos suffer greatly in the Black and Red colors. Blacks get lighten up. and using levels creates bands and not a continuous tone transition from black to a lighter area.
Reds are a different story. They drab out, losing saturation, and lightness.

My "oh god not again" solution is work with the "Color Balance" feature, especially the "shadows" adjustment. Secondly I use selective color adjustments. But despite my efforts I can not get anywhere closer than 80-90% to the original colors.

bummer, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / Clenched Teeth Photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteetharticles

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/