CC filters or Photoshop???

I have a question...

If I'm in a situation where I might need color-correction filters, such as where I'm shooting long exposures and subject to reciprocity failure in my color film, what are everyone's thoughts/preferences regarding the use of color-correction filters, as contrasted with forgoing the CC filters and making the color corrections in Photoshop, for example, with the color correction filters and other tools there?

>Pros? shorter exposure times w/o CC filters; no need to buy add'l filters or carry them or worry about scratching them...

>Cons? potentially lots of work in PS, and maybe too difficult to obtain a decent image... (but, if I can't obtain a decent image through manipulating w/ PS, would I have obtained a decent image w/ the CC filters?)

Or, don't try this at home???  ;)

I've only rarely been in a situation where reciprocity failure is an issue, and so am trying to determine the cost-benefit issues, particularly since I already have PS.

Thanks,

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo