Re: SD card media

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:14:36 +0800, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>here's what I've got to date as an outline.. in no particular order.  I'm
>still pulling it apart and adding bits as I expound further into the
>specifics. (ignore random capitalisations ;)
SNIP
>Origins in Video
>Origins in Barcode Scanners
>Printers & Scanners

Ok, I just have to ask ;-)

How on earth could knowledge of the above possibly benefit a digital shooter?

Seriously, you push this little button on the camera and take a photo, then you
put your memory card into that slot and make the pic on the computer. You don't
need to know any history of video or scanners or barcodes...

Am I missing something? Cause I know squat about bar codes or video. I know a
bit about scanners cause I used to scan film, but it sure hasn't helped my
digital photography, in fact I now consider it an era of wasted effort ;-)

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://naturephoto.easternbeaver.com/