Re: 18 FEB Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

> I don't consider it that big of a problem, as you can see I did
manage to get
> the image into the gallery, even if it was bloated.
Yes
it was bloated, unnecessarily.

Sadly you are not alone ... don't give a stuff-ism is rampant.
It takes no more than a few seconds to debloat an image ... but no,
rather 400 other people download the bloat for zero benefit than one
spend 15-30 sec and deal with it. :o(

I don't call that technology, just consideration.

> Do you think everyone on the list should go out and get a special
'stripping'
Photoshop lets you do that already ... isn't it simply "save for web"

> program in order to submit? I think not. I say up the limit to 100K
and everyone
> should be happier.
Your case for upping the "limit" to 100K would be stronger if it was
needed.  Your 75k image was only 45K without bloat and perfectly fine
... I see no jepg artifacts (OK, without my glasses).
Some people on web forums gripe because they can't upload 5Mb images
straight from their camera.  "Why should they have to resize them
first?"

> Computer life is already too complicated, adding to the complexity
is not my
> favorite thing.
Computers are inherently simple ... it's Software sellers that make it
otherwise.  Or should I say, dumbing down to remove knowlege (and make
a more gullible consumer).

Complexity mostly stems from irrelavent features.  You don't need
bloat: it does no-one any good. I don't care what camera your took
your gallery submissions with, or what time of day ...

> Did you like the image?
Actually, yes, lovely bit of coastline.
Makes me hanker back to my scuba diving days ...

Bob