Re: file sizes and the gallery

> The funny part is we got people here posting html with a two liner
and hundreds
> of lines of quoted text below it - total waste but apparently there
is no way to
> stop it.

Hahahah ... you're still a member of the EOS list, no?

WJ-M has a very effective way of p*ssing off the top posters. The list
simply bounces every mail sent that includes the previous messages
admin-footer.  So, while it can't stop you top posting it does force
you to scroll to the bottom to snip :o)... and then HOME back to the
top to type ...

> How hard would it be for Microsoft to put the cursor at the bottom
automatically
> when replying? The answer is they don't want to. The want to make it
easy for
> people to top post and leave everything below it. It's good for
business if
> people waste bandwidth.
At work (intranet) we have to top post and not snip because there is a
business reason for keeping all the correspondance history together.
Of course, that fails when various recipients reply asynchronously :o(

xxxxxxxxxxxx
A: Yes.
>Q: Are you sure?
>A: No, everybody on the list has already received those messages
>Q: But doesn't it help to repeat the entire history of a thread in
every reply?
>>A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>>Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
xxxxxxxxxxxx

> Not on my websites! Course we're just not big enough yet I guess. I
tried out
> some cool javascript and flash stuff, but it did slow things down
quite a bit.
Yes, I was meaning big corporate ones that have massive multimedia ads
(irrelavent to your search) all over the place that don't cache
(because they keep updating) ... and I suspect even delay content (the
stuff you've gone looking for) until the ad has finished.

Actually, I suspect much of the slowness of Amazon, Ebay, Ebuyer etc
is due to lack of bandwidth at the company's end ... or processing ...
but simple HTML pages with small graphics would be blisteringly fast
with broadband ...