Re: Rotkits, was metadata

From: "James B. Davis"
Re: Rotkits, was metadata

I guess Mac users are used to have auto install everything but on my
computer anything that is installed I want to : be on my wishes, not
hidden.

Quite the opposite actually. Ever installation of new apps on a Mac running any of the OSX generations requires the manual insertion of a login password. Raises awareness of just what's going on with the computer - or course. A bit of a foil to worms.

Besides, these Sony CDs can be played without any interference on a Mac, anc copied to one's heart's content, to boot.

Incidentally, a class action suit has been entered against Sony/BMG.

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/05/11/10/0024259.shtml?tid=233&tid=17

and from the English Folk Song group on Google:

And now the first trojan using Sony's clever software. Didn't take long
 did it?

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/10/1615239&tid=172&tid=233

--
Emily L. Ferguson