Re: metadata

> To me, the data seem to be fairly complete - it even shows
proprietary
> tags by the camera maunfacturer.

Laurenz

Curiosity is a curse, believe me.

One thing I've learned through years of experience, that when you let
someone else tell you all you need to know, you seldom end up finding
out all there is to know. Any ( I mean absolutely any) Exif viewer
will reveal pretty much all you need to know.  All the rest, the
hidden information, personal data, is not going to help you take
better pictures.  Indeed, it's probably technically illegal to attempt
to uncover the "spyware" even quite reputable organisations are
placing on your computers these days.

PS: Buy Sony: get a rootkit. (Ref: SysInternals Rootkit revealer
article).
http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html

PPS:  Don't know what a rootkit is?
They are the future ...