Re: darkroom chemicals

You're writing a book, I know . . . I just know.

This would/should take me about three days to answer, but for the fun of it I'll try off the top of my head.

I use powder (read dry) chemistry for everything, because paying for water and a bottle is silly.

For film, 35mm and 120 film I do a standing development with D-23, an old Kodak formula of 100 g SOS sulfite and 7.5g Metol in spiral tanks.

For the 4X5, I use mostly T-Max and the T-Mas RS per instructions on the bottle serve just swell. Well, there's one liquid I overlooked.

With Tri-X, HC 111 (or whatever it's called -- another liquid -- formula B) and Forte 4X5, Ilford Delta 100 8X10, and Bergger 5X7 I use Pyro 6:2:2+11 H2O; or P-Cat expansion formula for N- exposures. In a hurry, I use an Amidol formula for negatives.

With me, it's like oil painting. Use it once, for what use demands/negs are called for and toss.

Stop: Citric Acid 1oz per gallon.

Fix: Either Kodak rapid or (preferred) Formulary 'whatz it.' Another liquid, oops.

For paper: Ilford Bromophen and mostly my Amidol formula. Same stop solution and same Fix.

Th, th, that's all folks!

S. Shapiro
----- Original Message ----- From: Marilyn