Re: There are two kinds of fools

The enemy of Best is Better.

S.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: There are two kinds of fools

For a "snapper" digital is "better in every way."

Digital still has a hard time with many of the minute details which make film and hand printing beautiful.  I've shot a d1x and d100 since they came out, along with the Hassleblad H1 system and leaf backs on Sinars.  All of these formats are good for for certain things.  Still, I don't think digital is a replacement for film or hand printing.  Processes which are natural and left, at least some what, to the possibility of slight error are always going to have appeal. I can not tell you how many times, I've made a mistake processing or printing with traditional methods only to think---wow look at that, and then say to myself, "can I do it again." I seem to find, this occurs much less frequently with digital work, and when it does---it doesn't have near the same punch.

There are two kinds of fools: One says, "This is old therefore it is good." The other one says, "This is new therefore it is better." - William R. Inge

My humble regards,

Blake Pearson
Birmingham, AL