Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 6:36 AM
Subject: Re: Got it!!! Number 37 it is! - Why I chose it

I gave up my LF dream until I'm done with my PhD, which is only a
couple of weeks away now!!!
I think I'll start with 5x7 and then keep moving ;)

On 6/9/05, Guy Glorieux <guy.glorieux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bravo Pablo,

37! A primary (as Nick Nolte would say)!
I had thought 17 would be the one but Andy was more clever...

Now, if you're not a 100% sure of what Large Format is all about, you may
want to consider jumping directly to ULF (Ultra-Large-Format).  Check
http://www.mamutphoto.com/ULF/index.html

When I take my 11x14 field camera and all the gear that goes with it (incl.3 holders), it weighs in excess of 60 pounds... This is more than a digital
Canon, but then a contact print from a 11x14 negative is quite something!

Of course, you'll need to process the negative without scratching it. Steve
Shapiro recently talked about the joys of development by inspection on a
different Forum.

Beware, LF is addictive...

Have fun!

Guy