Re: Medicated gallery impressions (Homo floresiensis)

At 00:57 15.11.2004, Greg wrote:

I was camerahunting some tiny creatures (trolls?... hobbits?...elves? --
oh
no! Homo floresiensis! Here in North Europe!!?

Peeter

Well I can't speak for Northern European culture but here in North America homo anything is very popular. Just watch any decorating show on Saturday night.

Greg

I know, I know!
But as a matter of fact, do we like it or not, taxonomically we all are still Homo's, be it sapiens or ludens or virtualis or anything else, be it in or outside any culture.

What I was chasing, wasn't anything that we should treat with tolerance (as they love to declare), but that mysterious tiny creature from the pages of one of the recent National Geography issues (if not from Tolkien's or Peter Jackson's workdesk).
All right, what I got eventually was at least the potential environment of similar beings.

Peeter

PS: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/ 2004/10/1027_041027_homo_floresiensis.html

---