Re: Canon 10D back focus

> I'm puzzled.
>
> I don't see any implications of inexperience or stupidity in the
text you
> quoted, nor anything like a diatribe. (Indeed, I read the quote from
Bob
> as saying in part something like "seems enough reliable folks have
the
> problem that it must be real, despite the attacks that a mention of
the
> problem sometimes provokes.")
>
> Perhaps I've forgotten a diatribe from a previous reply. Or maybe
your
> diatribe detector has a heightened-sensitivity problem ;-)
>
> Best,

Brian

I'm puzzled too.

Diatribe over here usually means "violent bitter verbal attack" or
sommat like that.

I can't see any violence, bitterness or even attack on a re-read.

I can sort of see my post was a bit of a tangent: well, it was.  Also,
I can see on a re-read that I was responding "in the environment of"
other posts I had just read ....

Googling on the topic before I composed the post - the subject really
does seem to touch a nerve of D10 owners who *don't* experience any
focus problem.  This feature is repeated in thread after thread when
someone daring to report the problem to an on line forum is indeed
accused of being "either inexperienced or stupid".  I can easily
provide some references (links) - there are so many.

If there is a problem: it does not affect all D10s - Jim's avian shots
prove that.  But 10 Jims don't disprove on dissatisfied owner who's
camera can't AF correctly on a focus chart while mounted on a
tripod!!!!

Back to digital users being touchy?

Mmmmm.....

Bob