Re: Report on strip mall (artspace) gallery

----- Original Message -----
From: <lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 5:38 PM
Subject: RE: Report on strip mall (artspace) gallery

Thank you, Alan.  I think we are surprising a few people (including
ourselves {:->).  I know difficult times are probably going to surface
sooner or later, but so far, just whan I feel overwhelmed, or like we've
taken on too much, something wonderful happens.

I was feeling a little apprehensive about things a few weeks ago and a
wonderful artist/engineer/philosopher/poet and physicist Ivo Houston  from
Czechoslovakia  (he changed his last name so Americans have a chance of
spelling it right) showed up at our door wanting to show his work
(paintings).  He showed us a disk containing pieces of his art and he is
very good.

Me thinks an angel is watching over those of us at the gallery {;->

Take Care,

Marilyn
---------------------------------

> Marilyn,
>
> Congratulations.  Cultural activities put life back into a community but
> it's hard keeping up the momentum. Sounds like you have a great start.
>
> AZ
>

> Build a Lookaround!
> The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
> NOW SHIPPING
> http://www.panoramacamera.us

C.D.
> > garnered a half page article in one of our local newspapers, which was
very
> > exciting for all concerned and the coverage had him walking in the
clouds.
> > Among the guests who visited were two very prestigious local artists and
our
> > exhibitor was delighted that his show brought these people in.
> >
> > In about six to eight months we've progressed from a dark, empty room,
next
> > to a liquor store with a bad reputation, in the poorer part of town, to
> > bright and shiny gallery/art school. We have one art teacher holding
classes
> > and several art-related workshops scheduled.   The city is supporting
our
> > efforts by letting us advertise our workshops in their quarterly
magazine.

> > The strip mall is almost completely filled now (from a 40% "empty rate")
> > with great new small businesses that couldn't afford to start elsewhere.
One