Re: Canon 10D back focus (was: Digital Photography)

> The "back focus problem" is complained about on the web a lot.  Off
the
> web, there doesn't seem to be much validation of a "back focus
> problem."
I've seen it demonstrated very effectively - now where is that url?

> 2) One real problem is that the focusing sensor is slightly larger
than the
> focusing point indicator on the screen.  As a result, it is
important to be
> more careful with the focusing point.
A minor problem: thankfully not one I get with the EOS 1n.  Having got
used the the focussing sensor of a film camera "doing what it says on
the box"  I would be a bit miffed to find that the next-generation
technology was not up to scratch!!!!

> >The problem is due in part to the fact that Canon does not consider
the 10D
> >is a "professional" camera (it was never advertised as such).
Professionals are just people who sell their talents: the same
talents. often, others are happy to provide for free ;o)
Of course, it wasn't always true: there used to be "the professions"
where you needed years of training before you would call yourself one.
Today there are pros stood on most street corners ;o)

I think the mistake people have is in the misapprehension that AF
stands for auto-focus: its auto-cratic!

Bob

PS: Jeff, your confessions have weakend my appreciation of your work.
Never again will I be impressed by your timing, selection of viewpoint
etc etc. I'll just guess it was made in the computer.