Re: Canon 10D back focus (was: Digital Photography)

I can't argue with what Jeff Spirer wrote about the back focus problem and
the Web. The problem is NOT very prevalent in Canon's 10D; it is probably
even rare, but it does exist. Although Jeff implied this in his conclusion,
I would add that most "problems" found on the Web are magnified because
people tend to complain more than they praise (frequently without thinking
through their complaint), and any "problem," when reading through Web eyes,
would always seems to be larger than it really is.

I do hope that Alberto's brother is able to get his back focus problem
fixed. My 10D works just fine and it is a great camera when it is up to
snuff. It is also much better at low-light focusing than was its
predecessor, the D60.

peace

rand

Jeff Spirer wrote:

The "back focus problem" is complained about on the web a lot.
Off the web, there doesn't seem to be much validation of a "back
focus problem."  This issue comes from several things . . .
<much snipped>
This probably started from something real but very limited and got
out of hand from internet word of mouth, based on everything I've
seen.  My own experience with the 10D shows that you have to be
careful about the focus point and it doesn't find a focus point in low
light levels.  This is very different from back focus, however.