Re: Peru Photo Tips?

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:26:51 +0200, Laurenz
<enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Do you know whether it is advisable to also use a daylight filter when you
>already use a polariser? Good combined polarizer/daylight filters with that
>diameter are almost as expensive as the lens itself, and combining two
>filters could lead to vignetting at the 24mm end of my zoom lens.

You might consider Hoya's Moose filter. It's a circular polarizer with
a warm tint. Great for up in the mountains. Developed with Moose
Peterson of Nikon fame.

I got one in 77mm, not too expensive either.

You might rethink your slim filter choice. I hate those things - hard
to turn the adjusting ring and no threads for a hood or another filter
on the outer edge.

--
Norton - all around good guy