Re: New twist at my wedding last week

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 09:14:17 +0100, you wrote:

>I guess this won't surprise you much ... but I don't (won't) carry a
>mobile phone  ;o)
>Perhaps I should, land lines are getting fewer and far between in the
>UK.

I don't own a mobile phone. I never liked phones. What I want though
is a GPS phone. They actually have them now, but they've got a ways to
go to what I want.

What gets me is the billions of images now made, that have absolutely
no value and are a complete waste of time. Now, there's likely some
that do have value and perhaps might even make a small print. And they
are getting better. But seeing these people walk around pointing them
everywhere, it's just bizarre. But nothing compared to the number of
people, mostly women on the trains with them. They madly punch buttons
to send silly emails and some play games. It's getting so that the
click when they open and shut gets on my nerves :-)

I love toys and technology, but I just can't see playing miniature
Space Invaders or trying to send an email on the way home. And, wow,
the Japanese economy is riding on these things. Seriously, the bills
the average person pays each month for phone and services is shocking.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/