Re: New twist at my wedding last week

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Personally, I just don't take my camera to anywhere I want to attend
> as a guest: I'd rather just take part.

Now there's an interesting twist I want to grab and talk about.

Most of my photos that mean the most to me are photos I took at
events I was attending.  My main motivation is journalistic more than
artistic.  And my friends seem to rather appreciate the existence of a
collection of photos of the things we've done together over the
years.  Even at "work parties" I find it's worth bringing my camera,
and shooting photos on breaks between things.

(I've sometimes skipped the camera, or at least the big camera, for
events where I have a role not compatible with working hard on the
photography -- like being best man at a wedding, to pick one early
example.)

(And another question you asked in your message, I don't mind seeing
guests with cameras in wedding photos at all -- except in the formal
groups.)

None of which is intended to say there's anything wrong or inferior
about your attitude on this; I'm just interested in the differences.