Re: New twist at my wedding last week

> This seems so...small-minded.  Mean-spirited.  Something like that.

Hear hear!

> Don't you think your photos can stand out on their own?
Well, side by side yes.
Joe public (the technophile majority at least) are so obsessed with
the speed and technology of the instant result that by the time the
prints are ready, even a week later, they are old hat.  Frankly
quality is not the biggest factor: for today's generation.

So if you can get your prints out by the end of the "service" straight
from your inkjet ... sure they will be better.  But aunt maud does not
give a stuff.  She's there to show off her new camera/printer combo.
It's indeed getting to the stage where there are so many wannbee
photographers in the audience there are no pure participants left to
photograph [thinks: is it just n
me or do others hate seeing wedding guests holding cameras in the
formal photos? ].

Personally, I just don't take my camera to anywhere I want to attend
as a guest: I'd rather just take part.

Bob