Is it there yet?

Colleagues,

I am taking a digital photography class. We had to read a paper that I
consider to be practically eons old. Included in the article was the
statement that digital photography is "not there yet."

I disagree.

I want to rebut that statement. But what do you all think? Is digital there
yet? Any comments would be appreciated, and may wind up as a quote in my
rebuttal paper.

ALSO...

I would like to Interview about six professional photographers or educators
more closely about this. If you are a pro (photographer or edcator) and
would be willing to fill out a questionnaire, please respond to
dp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I will send you the questionnaire quickly. I
only have a week to put this together. It doesn't matter if you agree or
disagree with the premise that digital is not there yet. I want to know what
people are actually DOING.

Thanks

rand