Re: Is it there yet?

In my mind digital 'got there' when there was no discernable difference
between the output from a digital camera vs. a traditional one. An 11 x
14 (and larger) from digital looks as good as it does from film
(depending, of course, on the camera resolution) and oftentimes it looks
better.

Digital 'got there' when I could pick up a digital camera and feel like
it was a tool in my hands not a toy, push the shutter and not experience
shutter lag (which is the arch-enemy of this new photography in my
opinion).

Digital 'got there' when images being shot with this new medium were
making their point, expressing the photographer's ideas and getting
messages across. It happens every day with countless numbers of
photographers across the world.

Digital 'got there' when peripherial companies began supporting the
technology...Adobe, Epson, Hewlett-Packard, Canon, Olympus, Sony and
countless others put out excellent products which only serve to make
creating digitally so much easier and so much the better.

Digital is there...and if your professor doesn't believe it I'd say
he/she is exceptionally closed-eyed.

Lea