Re: New Photography Magazine Wants YOU

Rob Miracle,
Currently our circulation in 0 (zero) and the magazine itself will be freely published on the web, in fact the only form of income 125@f/8 will have is the monthly photo contest entry fees. Also I did state that our payments for a submission were negotiable. Thank you for the EP link, I'll put it to good use. Its certainly not that I am not willing to support the photographers that "use" us, in fact our main reason for publishing 125@f/8 is to support photographers. Our photo contests are intended to allow a 1st ($100), 2nd ($50) and, 3rd ($25) place winners as well as 10 honorable mentions to be published in the magazine which will be marketed to mainly to anyone who might need a photo/photographer. My goal is by these entrants submitting their to get paying jobs from being seen (hopefully) world wide.

I'm just a two man show here me and my designer, I'm trying to do something that has never been done before... A photo contest that doesn't rip off those who send in entries to it and believe it or not, no financial institution in my meager/depressed area wants to invest in it, nor does the one photography store with in 40 miles (because its not local enough he said). So right now my budget is very small and the pay schedule is based on that, as the number of contest entries increase so will the amounts I'm paying out. I hope the have the grand prise at $1000 dollars someday.

Is this hole thing a pipe dream? Maybe, but if I never took the chance even with the little resources I'm able to throw together... I can't justify not trying. Am I ready? no. But i never will be if I don't try.