Re: Documentation (was Re: randomly changing IPs from different subnets (Google Mail))

On 06/23/10 13:41, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
I want to concentrate on text, not the markup.

Ok.

Are you not specifying what various things are in LyX?

If I recall correctly, LyX is almost a WYSIWYG* (but not quite) when it comes to marking things up. Visual marking up rather than including tags.

Given lyx is inherently convertible to latex, I don't see a problem.

True...

Based on the reading that I've done, DocBook will convert to more formats than LyX will, including latex. Where as LyX / latex can't back convert to as many thins as DocBook will.

Just my $0.02 worth, not wanting to start a vim/emacs war or any thing.  ;-)

Grant. . . .

* I know that LyX is "What You See Is What You Mean" not "What You See Is What You Get". But I'm referring to the fact that you highlight a section of text and say that it's a given formatting.