Documentation (was Re: randomly changing IPs from different subnets (Google Mail))

/dev/rob0 wrote:

> http://www.netfilter.org/news.html :
>
> "2004-Jun-15
> 	New iptables 1.2.10 release ..."
>
> That was SIX YEARS ago.

Yes and it has worked very well for SIX YEARS on those particular servers.

>> Where are you finding -S ?
>
> What is out of date is your version of iptables and that Web page.

I've contacted the responsible parties for both.

> Manuals for recent releases of iptables are up-to-date.

I'm glad that is still the case.

What can be done about the old web tutorials and howtos?  Many have not
been touched in years, even if only to refresh the date stamp and say
things are still valid or to post a warning for staleness.  e.g.:

http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//networking-concepts-HOWTO.html

If I had to choose one to start with, it might be the Oskar Andreasson
tutorial:

	http://www.frozentux.net/documents/iptables-tutorial/

Regards
/Lars