Re: randomly changing IPs from different subnets (Google Mail)

Hi Jan,

thanks for the fast reply!

Am 22.06.2010 um 20:19 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

> So create another chain. The in-memory table does not know DNS, and
> rightfully so.

what does another chain help? I need to keep some records in the tables, because of clients that might have still the "old" address in their cache. The tables get cluttered anyways, no matter if I use one or several user-defined chains.

>> Is there any other approach, other than opening up all traffic to 993
>> and 587?
>
> SOCKS proxies.

That indeed would be an option. Or an SMTP/IMAP proxy. Both are not really desirable solutions, but if no one has a better suggestion, this might be a way to go... ;-)

Florian