Re: randomly changing IPs from different subnets (Google Mail)

On Tuesday 2010-06-22 20:30, Florian Effenberger wrote:

>Hi Jan,
>
>thanks for the fast reply!
>
>Am 22.06.2010 um 20:19 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
>
>> So create another chain. The in-memory table does not know DNS, and
>> rightfully so.
>
>what does another chain help?

That you can independently refill the extra chain without having
to touch other rules. That is to say,

forall (addrs) {
	add_new_addrs to chain;
	++i;
}
while (delete rules from chain with an index #i does not throw an error)
	;

That gets harder when you have extra rules in the chain you are
manipulating.

Alternatively, you could issue the delete operation with i+10
to keep the previous addresses around - and let them die off
by this pseudo-LRU mechanism.