Re: WiFi borked after update

Ryan Abel wrote:
> To anybody reading using Red Pill mode, please don't. If you aren't
> absolutely positive of what it's going to do, then you're just going
> to get yourself in trouble. You don't need it and you don't want it,
> so don't use it.
Not trying to spin any flamewars or try to be obnoxious here, however I
just have to ask this: "why the need for 2 modes in first place?". I'm
taking care of quite a few (read - "much more than 10" ;) ) linux boxes
(embedded and otherwise) and none of them has separate modes for package
installation - you either install package or you don't. There's nothing
in between. What was the motivation to split the two? Is that because
Application Manager is not exactly apt-get frontend and does something
"extra" that  couldn't have been implemented via extension of
apt-get/dpkg ? I'm just curious.