Re: WiFi borked after update

"ext Dmitry S. Makovey" <dimon@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, September 30, 2008 10:37, Marius Vollmer said:
>> Hmm, the Application manager will first download all the needed
>> packages, and only after that has happened will it start the update
>> process.  So you should have all the packages somewhere.
>
> from what I've seen it was downloading packages one-by-one installing as
> it goes. :(

No, that's impossible...  The code just doesn't do it this way.  Once
the "Installing OS2008 Feature Upgrade" progress bar is shown, the
network should no longer be needed.

>> So I would say that your upgrade got interrupted by something else than
>> the network going down.  Any idea what that might have been?
>
> Nothing was happening at the time. Sequence was fairly simple:
> 1. turn on the updates (via app manager)
> 2. walk away
> 3. let N800 download/install packages
> 4. come back later

In what state did you find the N800?  Was the Application manager still
open, or did you see the home screen?

I assume the AM was still open, since otherwise there should have been a
note saying "Update successfully installed".

If the AM stops the update without rebooting and without giving any
error message, then that's a bug int the AM.

> 5. reboot N800
> 6. live happy.
>
> items 3 and 6 were the ones with the problem: #3 broke several times
> complaining about version mismatches (to which I replied: "ok")

Hmm, a dependency error is not something that you can override.  Any
chance that you remember more details about this?