WiFi borked after update

Today in the morning my N800 happily announced available updates. So I
"agreed" to install them. At some point half way through WiFi connection
was interrupted so I've been left with packages in inconsistent state (I
assume) as my WiFi can't locate any access points anymore spinning into
infinity.

What are my options in fixing this? (I want to avoid flashing as that
would involve lots of backup/restore steps for me).

this is what apt reports as not updated yet:

# apt-get upgrade --fix-missing
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  icd2-network-wlan-config initfs-flasher ke-recv
  kernel-diablo-flasher libbz2-1.0 libconbtui0
  libconic0 libcst libcst0 libcurl3
  libdbus-glib-1-2 libgtkmozembed
  libhildon-im-western-plugin-common3 libhildon1
  libicd-network-wlan libicd2
  libmodest-dbus-client libnspr4 libnss3
  libnss3-certs libosso-abook libosso-gnomevfs2-0
  libosso-gnomevfs2-common
  libosso-gnomevfs2-samba libreadline4
  libsofia-sip-ua-glib3 libsofia-sip-ua0
  libtinymail-1.0-0 libtinymail-camel-1.0-0
  libtinymail-gnomevfs-1.0-0
  libtinymail-maemo-1.0-0 libtinymailui-1.0-0
  libtinymailui-gtk-1.0-0 libxfont1 mce
  microb-eal microb-engine modest
  nokia-repository operator-wizard-settings
  osso-addressbook osso-af-startup osso-af-utils
  osso-app-killer osso-applet-location
  osso-applet-screencalibration osso-backup
  osso-bookmark-menu osso-connectivity-ui
  osso-connectivity-ui-btsettings
  osso-connectivity-ui-conndlgs
  osso-connectivity-ui-connmgr
  osso-connectivity-ui-disclaimer
  osso-connectivity-ui-gwsettings
  osso-connectivity-ui-gwwizard
  osso-connectivity-ui-iapsettings
  osso-connectivity-ui-statusbar
  osso-contact-plugin osso-dsp-modules-rx-44
  osso-filemanager osso-filemanager-ui
  osso-ic-gwhwdetect osso-icons-default
  osso-mission-control osso-pdf-viewer
  osso-rss-feed-reader osso-speeddial
  osso-startup-wizard osso-wlan-security
  promo-applet quiver tablet-browser-controls
  tablet-browser-daemon tablet-browser-ui
  telepathy-sofiasip telepathy-stream-engine
  udhcpc xserver-xomap
78 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 20.6MB of archives.