Re: WiFi borked after update

"ext Dmitry S. Makovey" <dimon@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Today in the morning my N800 happily announced available updates. So I
> "agreed" to install them. At some point half way through WiFi connection
> was interrupted so I've been left with packages in inconsistent state (I
> assume) as my WiFi can't locate any access points anymore spinning into
> infinity.

Hmm, the Application manager will first download all the needed
packages, and only after that has happened will it start the update
process.  So you should have all the packages somewhere.

Look into

    /media/mmc2/.apt-archive-cache
    /media/mmc1/.apt-archive-cache
    /var/cache/apt/archives.

During a OS update, the network connection will usually be shutdown and
then brought up again, as the relevant packages get updated.  But the
Wifi going down should not have any ill effect on the OS update, it
should finish normally.

So I would say that your upgrade got interrupted by something else than
the network going down.  Any idea what that might have been?

> What are my options in fixing this?

First try

   # dpkg --configure -a

Does this do anything?  Any errors?  This might bring your connectivity
back.  If it does, try to complete the update, either in the Application
manager or with apt-get upgrade.

Rebooting might also help, in case you didn't do that already.