Re: Lock, sleep, power-down

On Tue, June 10, 2008 13:16, Igor Stoppa wrote:

> you can have fun and google for details both in this ml and itt, but to
> spare you the search, you have to:
>
> -flash the standard image we release (not the leaked diablo for example)

I'm on a standard image (and have never been on anything else). Currently
the latest posted on the site when I reflashed last weekend, I believe
that was OS 2008 51-3.

> -remove mmc/sd/whatever you have in the slot

Will try, I've always had a card in the external slot.  I've reseated and
checked the card, but haven't run without it for extended periods.  My
external card is an 8GB SDHC.

What about the "internal" card?

> -format to vfat the internal mmc in case you have an n810 and you
> changed it to something else

I'm on an N800, and I don't believe I've changed the format on the
internal card (your statement seems to say I couldn't on an N800 anyway).

Also, you say "mmc".  My internal card is an 8GB SDHC.  It *seems* to
work; but could that be a problem?  (I think of "SD" card as the generic
term, so your use of another form makes me think you may mean something
very specific; but that usage may be different in your company, part of
the world, language.)

> If after this you still have problems, then the device is probably
> broken.

Ouch.  Because I'm very close to running in the conditions you specify,
and I'm having severe battery life problems (in fact I started this
thread, though you're responding to another person who sounds like he's
having the same problems I am).

> If not then try reintroducing one by one your customisations and verify.

I reflashed last weekend, and have only added OpenSSH and FBREADER since
then.  I could part with OpenSSH easily in the short run.

I'd almost be happy if it turned out to be hardware; though it would be a
pain to carry through getting it fixed.  But I'd feel a lot better about
the state of the software.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info