4.2007.38-2 available

Igor Stoppa wrote:

> Bootloader, Kernel and initfs should be packaged, but technically
> nothing is preventing from reflashing them.

Except that at least current version of OS keeps initfs mounted and runs
relatively critical stuff from it. In theory everything should be
already cached in RAM but still flashing mtd device while jffs2 uses it
may lead to surprises. Could be solved by copying critical binaries to
tmpfs early on boot before executing them.

BTW documentation for next version talks about cramfs used for initfs
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/maemo_architecture.html#Flash
Is this documentation bug or new feature? Perhaps we can fit more stuff
to cramfs and don't need write access so this is not bad choice
(provided it can live in NAND and handle bad blocks). But still cramfs
won't solve issue with flashing live system.

Frantisek