4.2007.38-2 available

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> Reality is that they are much closer to the resource constrains of a
> cell phone and I don't know of a single cell phone that doesn't just
> wipe everything that isn't on the SIM or external memory card on a
> firmware update ...

Sorry, not true. All (recent) S60 devices are firmware upgradable, backup
before, flash new firmware, restore and all applications are available.
(Somehow they forget to save/restore the bluetooth pairing information,
but everything works just fine)

> All that being said, I am not sure how many apps you have but reloading
> my IT after a firmware update has never taken me 2-4 hours.

Having to reinstall is a pain. Enabling blue pill mode for some packages.
Resetting the root password after install of sshd. It is not cool to have
to do every OS upgrade.

Regards,

Jac

---
  Jac Kersing            Technical Consultant   The-Box Development
  j.kersing at the-box.com     CISSP   RHCE        http://www.the-box.com