4.2007.38-2 available

What I'm not understanding here is that the tablet is a debian Linux
system, in it's essence... what's the issue with just making the updated
packages available, for the power users and tweakers willing to go
through the work of a manual update? It doesn't do anything to prevent
the folks whose time to restore is under 30 minutes from flashing the
thing, and it isn't clear to me what, exactly, prevents this from being
possible.

Thomas