Re: RFC: nct6776f support in the w83627ehf and fan RPMsignal de-bounce

Guenter Roeck schrieb:
this is what I configured for my board (Intel DH57JG). Some of it is guessing,
some of it is common practice with Winbond/Nuvoton chips.

I'll look into applying your settings and see how well they work, but I'll first get the BIOS reading tomorrow as Ian suggested.

Regarding the temperature sensor labels - those are straight from the chip manual.

OK, so I have those:

SYSTIN: +40.0°C (high = +0.0°C, hyst = +0.0°C) ALARM sensor = diode

I guess this means "System temperature", whatever that means in practice as to where the sensor sits (I've never fully understood that one, even on older systems where it often was called "MB temp" or so).

CPUTIN: +39.5°C (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C) sensor = diode

That one is probably "CPU temperature" from a CPU sensor in the style as it's existed for ages, even before the cores had their own additional sensors.

SMBUSMASTER 1: +55.0°C (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C) sensor = diode

Hmm, that seems to be an "SMBUS MASTER", wherever that one really sits in practice (fun that it's hotter than the other two).

PCH_CHIP_CPU_MAX_TEMP: +65.0°C

Is that some allowed max temp of the CPU (i.e. where it shuts down) or the highest seen temp of the CPU?

SMBUSMASTER 2:          +0.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)

Not sure what that is, given that it seems to be zero (and I'm sure nothing in my system is at freezing temperature, even if we had that outside a few times in the last week).

PCH_MCH_TEMP
PCH_DIMM0_TEMP
PCH_DIMM1_TEMP
PCH_DIMM2_TEMP
PCH_DIMM3_TEMP

Now those would sound cool, but I guess it's not reporting them.

Robert Kaiser