Re: RFC: nct6776f support in the w83627ehf and fan RPM signal de-bounce

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 09:50:28PM -0500, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Guenter Roeck schrieb:
> > As it is, I am really much more concerned that I am unable to get an
> > Acked-by: for the patch series, much less a Reviewed-by:, nor a Tested-by:
> > from anyone but you. That might result in the series not making it into 2.6.39,
> > which I think would be unfortunate.
>
> If I had time, any knowledge of kernel code or even C, and it was easy
> to test this (without compiling a kernel myself, and with some nice doc
> telling all steps I need), then I'd look into helping there.
> But then, right now, all of those factors are lacking, unfortunately -
> and my new Intel DH67CL board with something that is probably once of
> those chips creates other problems as well (thinking no display is
> connected), so sensors are not the most important factor, just a nice
> tool to play with... ;-)

This is a Sandy Bridge board, isn't it ?

Maybe you can try a kernel from the -next tree; that might solve your problem.
That means you would have to download, compile and install the kernel, though.

To test a standalone driver, all you have to do is to download it, then run "make"
followed by "sudo make install". You don't have to build the entire kernel.

Thanks,
Guenter