Re: RFC: nct6776f support in the w83627ehf and fan RPM signal de-bounce

Guenter Roeck schrieb:
This is a Sandy Bridge board, isn't it ?

Yes, it is.

Maybe you can try a kernel from the -next tree; that might solve your problem.
That means you would have to download, compile and install the kernel, though.

Hrm, exactly what I want to avoid, updating openSUSE Factory quite often already is experimental enough for me on a production machine, but I'm using Kernel:HEAD there, which is currently some recent 2.6.38-rc and I should be 2.6.39-rc once the merge window has closed.

Still, do you know something I don't on my error that you suggest that? Chris Wilson on intel-gfx was somewhat clueless as to why this happens...

To test a standalone driver, all you have to do is to download it, then run "make"
followed by "sudo make install". You don't have to build the entire kernel.

That sounds good.
Can I download your standalone driver in a git clone or similar way? Pulling the files one by one over http doesn't sound ideal to me. :)

Robert Kaiser