Re: Linux USB redirection

Hello everyone,

I've been focusing (for now) on getting USBIP to work and its been an
uphill battle.

On LinuxMint 14 64bit I am able to build all the modules. I'm also
able to load usbip-core.ko. But when I load vhci-hcd.ko, the load is
successful but immediately after that the system just hangs completely
- no response to keyboard or mouse, but no kernel crash. Only way out
is to do a power cycle.

On LinuxMint 13 64 bit (kernel 3.2.0.23) I'm unable to build the
kernel modules if I use the code that comes with the distro. Here is
the error I get:

make M=/usr/src/modules/usbip/src
  LD      /usr/src/modules/usbip/src/built-in.o
  CC [M]  /usr/src/modules/usbip/src/stub_dev.o
/usr/src/modules/usbip/src/stub_dev.c: In function ‘stub_probe’:
/usr/src/modules/usbip/src/stub_dev.c:392:42: error: ‘struct device’
has no member named ‘bus_id’

If I use the sources from kernel.org, then I'm able to build ok and
load all the modules, but system hangs in the same way as above the
moment  I run 'usbip attach'

Has anyone been able to successfully build and run USBIP on 3.1 or 3.2
kernels? If yes, your help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Chirkut