Linux USB redirection

Hi,

I've spent quite a bit of time googling for this but came up with very
little. So I'm hoping someone on this forum can help.

I'm trying to write an open source application for USB redirection
that will allow users to plug in a USB device into a Linux thinclient
and have it visible on a Linux Xrdp server which may be on a LAN or
WAN.

On the thinclient side, I plan to use libusb to communicate with the USB device.

On the xrdp server side, I need to implement some kind of virtual USB
hub that takes USB messages from the thinclient and presents them on
the server in such a way that it appears as if the device was
physically plugged into the server machine.

How do I write such a virtual USB hub? Is there already some support
for this in the USB core?

I've written Linux PCI drivers in the past, so I'm ok with writing any
kernel module for this project.

thanks for your help
Chirkut

thanks for your help