Re: Query on audio-graph-card DT binding

On 12-01-2024 04:29, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:
What I am asking is, with audio-graph-card2, when you declare 1:N
connection in DT bindings, how many DAI links you create in the driver.
Is it like the audio-graph-card2 driver parses the whole 1:N connection
and creates only one DAI link in ASoC core or it breaks them into
multiple links and create N+1 DAI links in ASoC core?

In other words,

1:N connection in DT == 1 DAI link in ASoC core?
Or
1:N connection in DT == N+1 DAI links in ASoC core?
If you create it as Multi-CPU/Codec connection,
1:N connection will be 1 DAI link [1]. I think your case is this.
But if you create it as DPCM connection, 1:N connection will be
N+1 DAI links [2].

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git/tree/sound/soc/generic/audio-graph-card2-custom-sample.dtsi?h=for-6.8#n179
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git/tree/sound/soc/generic/audio-graph-card2-custom-sample.dtsi?h=for-6.8#n199

Thanks Morimoto-san for references. I need a lot more understanding on "card2" before commenting anything further. Right now I look to continue using "card" driver and have an easy DT extension, if possible, without disturbing existing Tegra users. I hope it would be fine to push changes to "card" without affecting existing users.