Re: Query on audio-graph-card DT binding

Hi Sameer

> >>                /-----> codec1 endpoint
> >>               /
> >> CPU endpoint \
> >>                \-----> codec2 endpoint
> > It sounds "Single CPU - Mult Codec" connection, and if my understanding
> > was correct, current ASoC is not supporting it so far.
>
> Yes, this is a typical TDM use case.
> __soc_pcm_hw_params() call in soc-pcm.c loops over all CODECs for a
> given rtd. So is there something else you are referring to which makes
> ASoC core doesn't support it?

Oops sorry, I was confused. asymmetry Multi CPU/Codec is supported on
ASoC / Card2 on for-6.8 branch.

> Also the binding properties of "audio-graph-card2" seem to be different
> from "audio-graph-card". I am looking at a simpler extension of existing
> bindings for Tegra audio without having to re-write the whole bindings.
> If "remote-endpoint" can take phandle array it would be simpler from DT
> point of view.

Yes, "card2" and "card" are similar but different.
I'm not DT-man, but I think remote-endpoint phandle array is not allowed ?
If my understanding was correct, you need to use multi endpoint in such
case instead of phandle array.

CPU
	port {
		cpu_endpoint0: endpoint@0 { remote-endpoint = <&codec1_endpoint>; };
		cpu_endpoint1: endpoint@1 { remote-endpoint = <&codec2_endpoint>; };
	};

Codec1
	port {
		codec1_endpoint: endpoint { remote-endpoint = <&cpu_endpoint0>; };
	};

Codec2
	port {
		codec2_endpoint: endpoint { remote-endpoint = <&cpu_endpoint1>; };
	};

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---