Re: iSCSI request keep rejected by microsoft iSCSI target because of write_same check

On 12/2/14, 9:09 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
"Mike" == Michael Christie <michaelc@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Mike,

Mike> This was the issue we worked with Microsoft on wasn’t it? You guys
Mike> figured out it was fixed in their target in a recent release
Mike> right?

The issue we worked recently was wrt. the thin provisioning reporting.

The WRITE SAME problem was that the target returns an iSCSI-specific
error code rather than a check condition with ILLEGAL REQUEST. You were
going to talk to MS.

Are you sure about this? The issue you are talking about and the one jazz is is the same issue right?

I do not have any of the old replies from MS, but I have some of the mails I sent them. It looks like we were asking them about when sd.c would send a REPORT SUPPORTED OPERATION, the old MS target would return the iscsi specific error code. And it looks like they had us try a updated version and in there it was changed to just work on their side.

Jazz@xxxxxxxxx's patch would work around the same problem because in sd_read_write_same, sd would see no_write_same is set and not send REPORT SUPPORTED OPERATION.

The subject of that email thread with MS was "Linux iSCSI and Microsoft target interop question". I started it with MS on Jan 14, 2014. Vaughan ccd you on that thread a little later to get your help. I do not have the replies though. I am just going by truncated snippets in mails sent, so I do not know what version that was fixed in. Do you guys have the replies by any chance?