Re: iSCSI request keep rejected by microsoft iSCSI target because of write_same check

Mike> Are you sure about this? The issue you are talking about and the
Mike> one jazz is is the same issue right?

Oh, I see. I wasn't CC:ed on the first part of this thread so I missed
the fact that it was RSOC that was the problem. I read the mail
yesterday as if we got bad response to WRITE SAME(10/16).

Mike> I do not have any of the old replies from MS, but I have some of
Mike> the mails I sent them. It looks like we were asking them about
Mike> when sd.c would send a REPORT SUPPORTED OPERATION, the old MS
Mike> target would return the iscsi specific error code. And it looks
Mike> like they had us try a updated version and in there it was changed
Mike> to just work on their side.

I wasn't included in any exchanges beyond "we'll have a look". So I
don't have much data to go on.

Mike> Jazz@xxxxxxxxx's patch would work around the same problem because
Mike> in sd_read_write_same, sd would see no_write_same is set and not
Mike> send REPORT SUPPORTED OPERATION.

Yeah.

I still don't have a problem quirking the MS target. As long as I can
get good strings and revs to match on. Obviously setting no_write_same
for all iSCSI targets is a no-go.