Re: iSCSI request keep rejected by microsoft iSCSI target because of write_same check

On 1/10/14 12:11 AM, vaughan wrote:
I haven't figure out why it's rejected with "bookmark invalid"(9)
reason, rather than "command not supported". IMO "bookmark invalid" is
used when minor protocol conflict such as final flag not set with
non-write command. However, I haven't find error of this kind in
report_opcode, so I guess it's not supported on the target.

Is it possible to get a wireshark/tcpdump trace? It does not have to be during boot. We just need to see what commands are sent and the response the target is returning.

I forgot we know some microsoft iscsi target people. We can just email them with the trace to confirm what is going on with the target. The trace seems to be easier for them than them interpreting linux kernel logs.